Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finally! Snow.

I was beginning to think we were going to make it through another winter without a decent snow. My theory is if I have to put up with the cold I should at least get to enjoy one good snow each winter. Last Friday night it started sleeting about 8 PM, then snowed during the night. I awoke to five inches of dry snow covering the world and it was beautiful! We continued to get flurries off and on Saturday and then Sunday we got some additional sleet. Needlesstosay, it was a slick world come Monday when the temp got up to only 30 degrees F.

But now that it's gone my mind has turned to spring! I'm thinking about planting my garden and spending more time outdoors. I'm dreaming of dewy mornings, long sunny days and beautiful night skys. I suppose I always overdo it at this point. I kind of forgot it really isn't spring and ran around in my short sleeved tee yesterday until I realized it really wasn't warm at all. But the weatherman says we will see temps near 70 by week's end so maybe I'm not so far ahead afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home