Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spring has Sprung

Yesterday was 80 some degrees, warm and balmy. I was only disappointed that I couldn't spend the day outdoors enjoying it. I love warm weather! This morning when I woke up, I looked out my window like usual. I'm not sure when I developed the habit, but I crack the blinds to look out as soon as I pull myself out of bed. "Hey, we have several crocus now up against the warm side of the house! But none of the other areas of crocus I planted last year are up ... but oh, those pear trees are beginning to flower today!" This is by far my favorite time of the year. I know that I have seven months of outdoor weather ahead of me. In the fall I am saddened when things cool down and the impending winter is on it's way. I don't like the days of short sunlight or bundling up to stay warm. I'm a bare feet, tee shirt and shorts kind of girl ... when the world turns green and colorful it's my time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home